Here are some discussions on general
- Good/Bad Beginner Dwarfs
- Acclimating fish from the store
- What to feed: in general,
for the fry, debates about enhancing color through
earthworm flakes. (Also check the
general food section, and the FAQ.)
- General Biotope Information
- What tank size (and fish density) is appropriate?
- Tank location, light, etc.
- Caves and other Spawning media
- Plants, Dead Leaves, etc.
- Suitable Tankmates (keeping them in a
community tank? Animals that won't eat eggs?)
- Dither and Target fish
- Substrate (gravel, leaf litter, peat,
- Appropriate and extreme temperature ranges
- Diseases (also see the separate Diseases Section)
- pH: Mega-archive of how to get appropriate pH, including
peat, rainwater, chemicals, etc.
- Inducing them to spawn
- Adult Size and Age for Spawning;
too young? too old?
- Harem-like behaviour for spawning? (or lack thereof)
- Sunlight's effect on spawning
- pH/hardness and Temperature's effect on sex
ratio, survival rate, growth, etc.
- Can adults change sex?
- Wild or Domestics: Breeding differences
- The Eggs: Color, hatch time, fungusing, etc.
- Leaving your light on 24-hours:
Improving survival rate of eggs and young?
- Artificial hatching
- Do the parents move the eggs? The fry?
- Parents guarding their fry? other parents' fry? Live food?
- When fry are considered free-swimming
- changing water while fry are small
- When and if parents should be removed
from the fry (or from each other!)
- Inbreeding and other similar issues
- How fast do they grow?
- Catching the fry
Here are some other dwarf cichlid sites I found interesting and think you will too.
Sites listed here primarily provide articles and other information (though some
are commercial sites and also have price lists).